Arima Philatelic Museum
About COVID-19 infection control measures
Request to Visitors
- If you have a cold-like symptom such as fever, cough, or sneezing, please refrain from visiting the museum.
- Your temperature will be measured at the entrance.
If you are confirmed to have a fever of 37.5 ℃ or higher will be refused admission.
- Please wear a mask in the museum.
- Please disinfect your hands at the entrance.
- In the museum please keep an appropriate distance (about 2 meters) from other visitors and refrain from conversation.
- The number of visitors may be limited depending on the congestion situation.
- Please refrain from visiting with a large number of people.
If you would like to visit as a group (15 people or more), please contact us in advance.
About Infection Control Measures
- There is alcohol for hand disinfection in the museum. Please use it.
- We will install a splash prevention shield at the reception.
- Museum staff will be available in masks.
- We will carry out regular cleaning and disinfection of the museum.
- Adults / 800yen
University and High School Students / 500yen
Junior High School and under / Free
*Discounted group rates are available for groups of 15 or more.
- Opening Hours
- 10:00 - 16:00 (last admission at 3:30)
- Tuesdays (except for National Holidays on Tuesday, in which case the museum is open the holiday and closed the following day instead)
- Free parking is available for 34 cars.
- 663-3, Arima-cho, Kita-ku, Kobe City, Hyogo 651-1401
- TEL: +81-(0)78-904-0024
This museum houses almost all Japanese stamps from hand engraved stamps issued when the Japanese postal system stared in 1871 to the latest ones.
It also displays historical materials related to postal system such as a wooden carrying box used by postal deliverers in the Meiji era and an octagon shaped wall clock placed at post offices. Please enjoy the enchantment of stamps and the depth of postal culture.